Serve Richard Davies’ thick American-style pancakes with caramelised banana
You will need
- Plain flour 225g
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Sugar 75g
- Eggs 2
- Milk 187ml
- Melted butter 65g
- Caster sugar 50g
- Bananas 4, sliced
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and milk, and then pour into the sieved flour, baking powder and sugar mix and beat until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a small knob of butter to grease the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon or pipe the mix into the pan and fry until golden on each side. Stack them up.
- Heat 50g of caster sugar over a medium heat in a non-stick pan until it turns to caramel.
- Add the sliced banana and fry until golden brown which should take 1-2 minutes.
- Place on parchment or kitchen paper for a moment and serve with the pancakes.
Chef’s tip: ‘These pancakes are best enjoyed straight from the pan and can be served with berries, maple syrup or fruit, although we like them with delicious caramelised banana,’ says Richard Davies of The Manor House
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, Castle Combe, near Bath, Wiltshire, SN14 7HR