You will need
Hake fillets 200g x 4
Garlic 4 cloves, chopped finely
Parsley a small bunch, stalks removed
Salted butter 250g, softened
Oil for cooking
Fennel 1 bulb, peeled and sliced
Onion 1, peeled and sliced
Celery 2 sticks, peeled and sliced
White wine 200ml
Salt for seasoning
- With a hand blender, blitz the garlic and parsley until roughly chopped, then add the soft butter and mix well. Wrap in clingfilm and chill.
- Once firm, take half of the garlic and parsley butter and divide into 4 knobs (the rest can go back in the fridge for another day).
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and heat an ovenproof dish for 5 minutes.
- When hot, pour a drizzle of oil into the dish and add the sliced fennel, onion and celery. Stir briefly and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have taken on a little colour, pour in the white wine, add a pinch of salt, cover with parchment and place back in the oven for 15 minutes. If too dry, add a little water to stop the vegetables from catching on the bottom.
- Once the vegetables are soft, place the hake portions on top, season well and put back in the oven for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the dish from the oven and place one knob of garlic and parsley butter on top of each hake portion. Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes until the butter has completely melted over the fish.
- To finish, generously squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish.