You will need
For the jam:
Jam sugar 150g
Water 3 tbsp
For the frangipane:
Shortcrust tart case 25cm
Ground almonds 225g
Pistachio puree 2 tbsp
Almond essence 1 tsp
Flaked almonds 74g
- To make the jam: place all of the jam ingredients in a heavy based saucepan and reduce on a medium heat for 25 minutes stirring frequently. Leave to cool.
- To make the frangipane: blind bake a 25cm tart case and pre-heat the oven to 175°C / gas 4.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Next beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each one is fully combined before adding the next.
- Add the pistachio puree, then fold in the flour, ground almonds and the almond essence. Once combined, scoop the mixture into a piping bag.
- Spread the cool jam onto the base of the tart case, then pipe the frangipane mix on top and smooth to the edges with a palette knife.
- Top with flaked almonds or piped Italian meringue and cook for 35 minutes. Serve with good quality custard or blackberry sorbet.