You will need
Crab meat (white and brown) 40g
Good quality cod fillet 110-140g
BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
Shallot 40g, sliced
White wine 235ml
White wine vinegar 1 tbsp
Cracked black pepper 1 pinch
Unsalted butter 100g, diced
BREADED CRAB AND COD
Salt and pepper to season
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Lemon ½, zest and juice
White breadcrumbs 5g
Parsley 2 sprigs
Tarragon 1 sprig
Thyme 1 sprig
Salt a pinch
English mustard 1 tsp
Pea shoot tendrils 2g, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4.
- For the beurre blanc sauce: put the shallot in a
saucepan with the white wine, vinegar and pepper. Simmer
until dry but not brown. Whisk in the butter and emulsify.
- For the breaded crab and cod: Mix the crab
meats together and add salt and pepper, olive oil, lemon
zest and juice.
- Put the breadcrumbs into a blender with the herbs.
Add the salt and blitz until green.
- Pan fry the cod skin-side first for 1 minute, then flip
over and fry for another minute. Brush mustard onto
the skin, then put the crab mix on top and sprinkle the
green breadcrumbs over. Cook in the preheated oven for
- To serve: remove the cod from the oven and serve
with your choice of vegetables, the beurre blanc sauce
and pea shoots to garnish.
Bobby Southworth, head chef at The Greenbank Hotel, shares his recipe for pan-seared scallops with pistachio praline, cauliflower, pink grapefruit and crispy chicken skin