Makes 12 fritters
You will need
Cauliflower 1 large head or 500g
White onion 1 medium, finely diced
Wild garlic 50g, or 2 large garlic cloves
Plain flour 100g
Devon Blue 100g, crumbled
Egg 1 large
Sea salt 1 good pinch
White pepper 1 good pinch
- Break the cauliflower into florets and steam for 15 minutes. Alternatively place in a microwaveable bowl, cover with clingfilm and cook on full power for 15 minutes.
- Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher, chop and add all the other ingredients apart from the egg and cheese.
- Mix well, add the cheese and beaten egg and mix well again.
- Form into patties, place on a lined tray and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and heat some vegetable oil in a heavy- bottomed frying pan, then dust each fritter all over with plain flour and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Chef’s tip: ‘Serve these with sour cream and freshly chopped chives,’ says Greg. ‘Or top with crispy smoked streaky bacon or pieces of crispy chorizo’ says Greg