You will need
Leg of lamb 1kg, boneless
Extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
Fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp
Salt 1½ tsp
Vegetable oil 100ml
Garlic 2 cloves, peeled
Garlic 1 clove, peeled
Toasted pine nuts 50g
Extra virgin olive oil 3 tbsp
Sea salt a pinch
Lemon juice a squeeze
- For the labneh: mix all of the ingredients together then place the mix in a muslin cloth, inside a sieve, over a bowl. Place the bowl in the fridge and leave for 48 hours (minimum).
- For the lamb marinade: blitz all of the ingredients together, then rub the marinade onto the leg of lamb and place in the fridge for 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170°c / gas 3. Roast the marinated lamb on a tray for 1 hour.
- Remove the labneh from the muslin and roll the now solid curd into balls.
- For the pesto: blitz all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Rest the lamb for 30 minutes, then slice and serve with the labneh and pesto.