You will need
Dark chocolate 140g, chopped
Unsalted butter 130g, plus extra for greasing
Egg whites 4 large
Egg yolks 5 large
Caster sugar 190g
Plain flour 60g, sifted
- Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth, then take off the heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c/gas 5. Butter eight 150ml ramekins or individual ovenproof bowls, and put them on a baking tray.
- Put the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl and combine the egg yolks and sugar in another bowl. Use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Using the same beater, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the yolk mixture and fold through, then add the sifted flour and fold again. Finally, fold in the egg whites until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins to three quarters full. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the mix is set around the edges but still moist and runny in the centre – the surface should look set but have a slight wobble underneath.