You will need
White and brown crab meat 450g
Mayonnaise 1½ tbsp
Dijon mustard 1½ tsp
Chipotle sauce 1 tbsp
Free range egg 1, beaten
Gluten-free panko bread crumbs 4 tbsp
Spring onions 1 bunch, finely chopped
Olive oil spray
Spinach 4 handfuls, washed and dried
Free range eggs 4
Chilli flakes 4 pinches
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 5.
- Place the crab meat, mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle sauce, egg, 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs and spring onion in a large bowl and combine.
- Divide the crab mix into 4 equal portions, roll into balls and shape into patties approximately 10cm in diameter.
- Coat the patties in the remaining breadcrumbs until evenly covered. Spray with the olive oil, place on a tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before removing the crab cakes, poach the eggs in a pan of simmering water with a splash of white wine vinegar for 4 minutes.
- To serve: dress the plate with spinach, add the crab cake with the poached egg on top and then sprinkle with chilli flakes.