Martin Dorey, presenter of One Man and His Campervan, shares his quick and easy crab recipe, perfect for late nights around the camp fire
You will need
- New potatoes 500g
- Onions 2
- Butter and olive oil for frying
- Tomatoes 2, medium
- Red chilli 1 (optional)
- Watercress 2 or 3 handfuls
- Lemon 1, zested
- Crabmeat 1 medium-sized dressed crab or 200g of mixed crabmeat
- Sea salt flakes to season
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool before halving or cutting into chunks.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions. Heat the butter and a tbsp of oil in a frying pan and, when foaming, tip in the onions and cook for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, then halve, deseed and finely chop the chilli, if using. Roughly chop the watercress.
- When the onions are ready, tip them into a bowl and add the tomatoes, lemon zest, chilli, watercress and crab meat. Toss together.
- Add another slug of oil to the frying pan and fry the potatoes over a high heat until golden.
- Tip in all the other ingredients and toss everything together over the heat until hot and sizzling, adding salt to taste.
- Eat straight from the pan or pile onto two plates.
Chef’s tip: ‘If you can’t get watercress, try this with a bunch of chopped chives. It’s just as tasty,’ says Martin
Find more campervan recipes in Martin Dorey’s The Camper Van Coast cook book, available at www.martindorey.com