Few foods are quite as comforting to eat beside a campfire as warm crepes with cinnamon apple sauce, laden with cream
You will need
- Plain flour 100g
- Egg 1
- Yeo Valley milk 300ml
- Yeo Valley butter for frying
- Eating apples 4, cored
- Sultanas 80g
- Golden syrup 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon ½ tsp
- Yeo Valley Double cream to serve
- Beat together the flour, egg and milk to a smooth batter then set aside.
- Cut 8 squares of tin foil large enough to wrap the apples then put each apple on to a square of foil . Toss the sultanas in the cinnamon then push them into the centre of the apples, then add a tbsp of syrup to each.
- Wrap the foil around the apples then add another layer of foil. Put the apples into a saucepan over the fire or BBQ or directly into the coals at the edge for 15-30 mins, until soft.
- While the apples are cooking, heat a small knob of butter in a frying pan and heat till bubbling. Pour 3 tbsp of the pancake batter into the pan and swirl it around until there is a thin, even layer over the bottom of the pan. Cook for a minute or two until the top of the pancake looks dried and the underside is golden. Flip the pancake and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Repeat till all the pancakes are made.
- Serve 2 pancakes per person with a foiled apple. Let everyone scoop out their own apple sauce and add cream.