You will need
For the base:
Sponge fingers 90g
Sharp’s Dubbel Coffee Stout 180ml
For the cream:
Sharp’s Dubbel Coffee Stout 40ml
Double cream 300ml
Orange ½ zest of
Demerara sugar 40g
For the ganache:
70% Dark chocolate 65g
Unsalted butter 15g
Sharp’s Dubbel Coffee Stout 2 tbsp
Double cream 2 tbsp
For the garnish:
70% dark chocolate shavings
- For the base, soak the sponge fingers in the Dubbel Coffee Stout, allowing them to break up.
- To make the cream, whisk all of the cream ingredients together at the same time until thick, glossy and able to just hold a soft peak.
- To make the ganache, heat all of the ingredients gently over a bain-marie until the chocolate is melted, then stir until glossy. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Layer six glasses evenly with the base, cream and ganache, making sure the top layer is cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Then finish with chocolate shavings, orange zest, and a dusting of cocoa powder.