This no-bake chocolate and salted caramel tart from The Happy Pear is super healthy and still totally delicious (yes, really)
Serves 12You will needFor the base:
Pitted dates 100g
Vanilla extract 1 tbsp
Coconut oil 1 tbsp
For the caramel layer:
Pitted dates 300g
Almond butter/cashew butter 150g
Water 10 tbsp
Coconut oil 10 tbsp
Salt a large pinch
For the chocolate layer:
Dark chocolate 300g
- Line the base of a 24cm round non-stick cake tin with baking parchment.
- For the base: blend the nuts to a flour-like consistency in a food processor. Add the dates, vanilla extract and coconut oil and whiz again till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Press it firmly into the base of the tin, making sure it’s evenly spread.
- Put all the ingredients for the caramel layer into the same food processor and blend till smooth and caramel-like. This may take 5–10 minutes and you may need to add a little more water if it is a bit clumpy and isn’t blending.
- Spread a really even layer of caramel on top of the base layer in the tin, doing your best to give a smooth top ready for the chocolate layer.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Remove from the heat and pour over the caramel layer. Spread evenly over the caramel.
- Put into the fridge and leave to set until the chocolate is solid. Use a hot knife to cut this tart – it will help cut through the chocolate without it cracking.
Find more recipes from The Happy Pear here.