Cosy up by the campfire and tuck into some beautiful apple and pear fruit skewers, drizzled in butterscotch sauce
Serves 4 (8 skewers)
You will need
For the butterscotch
- Yeo Valley unsalted butter 25g
- Muscovado sugar 40g
- Granulated sugar 25g
- Golden syrup 75g
- Yeo Valley double cream 150ml
For the skewers
- Sweet eating apples 1
- Ripe pears 1
- Yeo Valley butter 10g, melted
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak 8 in water while you prepare the sauce.
- Put the butter, both the sugars and the syrup in a heavy based saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and everything is liquid. Cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cream. Gently stir for a few minutes until the sauce is smooth then set aside to cool.
- Slice the apples and pears into 1cm wedges then thread onto the skewers and brush with melted butter. Cook on a medium heat on BBQ or in a frying pan for 6-8 minutes on each side until they are golden and the fruit is softened.
- Serve drizzled with the butterscotch sauce.