You will need
Egg whites 80g, whipped
Liquid glucose 25g
Water 10ml at 121°c
Whipped cream 100g
Greek yogurt 200g
Icing sugar 50g
Double cream 250g
Liquid glucose 10g
Callebaut 28% white chocolate 70g
Strawberries 200g, pureed
Bronze gelatine leaf 1, softened in cold water
Citric acid ¼ tsp
Callebaut 28% white chocolate 100g
Dehydrated strawberries 20g, chopped
Fresh strawberries a couple per plate, chopped
- For the parfait: make an Italian meringue by whisking the egg whites in a mixer. Once at soft peaks, slowly pour in the sugar, liquid glucose and water. Keep whipping until cool. Gently fold the meringue into the whipped cream, greek yogurt and icing sugar, taking care not to lose too much of the air. Spread onto a tray and freeze for 12 hours.
- For the whipped ganache: bring 100g of the cream, as well as the sugar and liquid glucose to the boil in a heavy bottomed pan. Slowly pour this over the white chocolate while blending with a stick blender until it’s smooth and emulsified. Continue blending and pour in the remaining 150g of cream at a steady pace. Chill in the fridge for 12-24 hours. Once chilled, whip the mixture until soft peaks form, then place into a piping bag and store in the fridge.
- For the strawberry jelly: bring the pureed strawberries to a simmer in a pan, then whisk in the gelatine leaf and citric acid and pour into a tray to set. Once set, dice into 1cm cubes and store in the fridge.
- For the tempered chocolate: melt 65g of the chocolate in a microwave to 45-50°c. Stir in the remaining 35g and keep stirring until the temperature falls to 26-27°c. Pulse in the microwave up to 29°c. Spread this onto an acetate sheet or a flexible plastic tray, then sprinkle the dehydrated strawberries on top. Set in the fridge for 15 minutes then store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- To plate: cut the parfait into 10cm rings then cut in half. Place half onto a plate, then place the cutting ring on top and fill the other half of the ring with the ganache, dice of jelly, fresh strawberries, mint and shards of tempered chocolate.