Ian MacDonald, head chef at Soar Mill Cove near Salcombe, shares his recipe for lemon and lime posset
You will need
Lemons 2, juice and zest
Limes 2, juice and zest
Caster sugar 125g
Double cream 500ml
- Put the lemons and limes in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Bring the sugar and cream to the boil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Remove from the heat as soon as it starts to boil.
- Pour the simmering mixture onto the lemon and lime juice (not vice versa or it will curdle). The cream will then begin to thicken.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve into a clean bowl.
- Divide the mixture equally into four heatproof glasses and, when cooled, place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
Chef’s tip: ‘Try serving with with homemade shortbread and stewed seasonal fruits,’ says Matt
As featured in food Magazine’s March 2019 issue.
Chris Cleghorn, head chef at Olive Tree Restaurant at the Queensberry Hotel in Bath, shares his recipe for strawberry pannacotta with yogurt, baked white chocolate and basil