Salcombe Gin, Monica Galetti and her Mere team have created a signature cocktail for their new collab gin, Island Queen.
We squeezed them for the recipe so you can craft your own totally tropical taste of the South Sea Islands at home
You will need
Voyager Series Island Queen 35ml
Mere pineapple syrup 25ml
Fresh pineapple juice 25ml
Lime juice 15ml
Chickpea aquafaba 25ml
Absinthe 1 dash
Bittermens ‘Elemakule Tiki Bitters 4 drops
Dehydrated pineapple crisp
For the Mere pineapple syrup
Pineapple 1, peeled and cubed
Red chillies 2, sliced in half length ways
- For the Mere pineapple syrup: put the pineapple, chillies, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer until thickened (approximately 15 minutes). Pour the mixture into a blender and blitz, then strain into a bottle or container and leave to cool.
- Chill a coupe glass with ice and place to one side.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add the gin, pineapple syrup, fresh pineapple juice, lime juice, chickpea aquafaba and absinthe and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Discard the ice from the coupe glass and long pour the mixture through a double strainer into the glass.
- Place 4 drops of bitters onto the mixture and run a cocktail stick through the drops to create a semi-circle. Garnish with a dehydrated pineapple crisp.