Serves 4 as a starter, 2 as a main
You will need
Fennel 1 head, thinly sliced
Spanish onion 1 large, thinly sliced
Fresh Cornish mussels 2 kilos
Low hop beer, we use Booskor or Forest Blonde from the Driftwood Spars Brewery, ¼ pint
Double cream ½ pint
Lemon to garnish
Parsley to garnish
Crusty bread to serve
- Clean and de-beard the mussels, keeping them fresh in cold water.
- On a medium heat, melt the butter in a pan. Add the fennel and onion and cook until soft.
- Add the ale and mussels, cover with a lid and steam until the mussels open.
- Add the cream, season, and heat until warm through.
- Remove from heat and serve with crusty bread, a lemon wedge and parsley to garnish.