Fausto Eppinger, head chef at The Lamb Inn in Sandford, shares his recipe for roasted cauliflower with tahini and maple dressing
You will need
For the dressing
Maple syrup 30g
Cider vinegar 30g
Toasted sesame oil 125ml
For the cauliflower
Ras el hanout 3g
Rapeseed oil 30g
Unsalted butter 100g, cut into small cubes
For the garnish
Pumpkin seeds 40g, toasted
Flaked almonds 20g, toasted
Parsley 20g, finely chopped
- For the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, syrup, vinegar and salt. Slowly add the sesame oil, followed by the water. The dressing should have a thick, creamy consistency.
- For the cauliflower: preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4 and bring a large pan of water to the boil. Submerge the cauliflower and cook for 7 minutes, setting aside when done.
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters, then season with the salt and ras el hanout. Pour the rapeseed oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower on a high heat.
- Once the cauliflower pieces are evenly browned, transfer to an oven dish. Add the butter and a splash of water, then cook in the oven for 7 minutes.
- For the garnish: combine the dressing and half of the pumpkin seeds, almonds and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- To serve: add the roasted cauliflower to the dressing and combine. Top each portion with the remaining garnishes.