These savoury muffins from Trewithen Dairy are deliciously light and zesty
Makes 8 muffins
You will need
- Hot smoked salmon 150g
- Strong cheddar 75g, grated
- Trewithen spreadable butter 75g, melted
- Free range eggs 2
- Natural yoghurt 250ml
- Self-raising flour 240g
- Sea salt pinch of
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Lemon 1, zested
- Dill 35g, chopped
- Full fat soft cheese 100g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix together the cooled melted butter, eggs and yoghurt. In another bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the yoghurt mix to flour and stir.
- Carefully flake the salmon and fold into the mix with 20g chopped dill and all the grated cheese.
- Put a large tablespoon of mixture into each case and using a teaspoon make a little dent in the centre.
- Mix together the lemon zest, cream cheese and the rest of the dill and put a teaspoon of the mix into each muffin case in the dents.
- Then cover the cream cheese mix with another large spoonful of the muffin mix on top, making sure the cream cheese is covered over.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked and golden.
Recipe from Trewithen Dairy