You will need
- Unsalted butter 250g, softened
- Fine, dried seaweed 3 tbsp
- Garlic cloves 2, finely chopped
- Lime 2, zest and juice
- Scallops 9, large and hand dived
- Rapeseed oil for cooking
- Sea salt
- To make the seaweed and lime butter, mix the butter, seaweed and garlic, lime zest and juice.
- Wrap the seaweed butter in clingfilm and roll to form a long 2.5cm diameter cylinder.
- Refrigerate until set. (Well wrapped, it will keep in the fridge for a week). Once set, cut into ½ inch discs and keep cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/gas 6. Lightly oil the scallops in their shells and season with a small pinch of of salt. Roast in the oven for 4 minutes on a flat tray.
- Remove from the oven, place a butter disc on top of each scallop, then cook for a further 2 minutes in the oven.
- Serve immediately while the butter is still sizzling.
Chef’s tip: ‘Try serving this with Sharp’s Single Brew Reserve. It’s light and lemony with a subtle sweetness that complements shellfish perfectly.’
Rock, Cornwall, PL27 6LD