You will need
Plain flour 160g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Cocoa powder 30g
Sea salt 1 tsp
Dark chocolate 220g
Unsalted butter 60g
Caster sugar 125g
Eggs 3 large
Roasted hazelnuts 200g, chopped
Chestnut puree 200g
Chocolate chips 125g
- Line the slow cooker with grease and parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a bain-marie.
- Add the sugar to the melted chocolate and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour mixture, chopped hazelnuts, chestnut puree and chocolate chips.
- Cook on a low heat for 3½ hours with the lid on.
- Take the lid off and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Once firm, remove and serve warm with malted milk ice cream and a light dusting of icing sugar or cocoa powder.