Featured in the gorgeous Indy Cafe Cookbook, Laura Downing of Boston Tea Party shares her lamb flatbread recipe
You will need
For the lamb kofte
Lamb mince 500g
Chilli powder 5g
Leaf coriander 20g, chopped
Garam masala 2 tsp
Ground coriander seeds 1 tsp
Ground cumin 1 tsp
Salt and black pepper to season
Greek yogurt 50g
Extra virgin olive oil 10ml
For the herb salad
Parsley 100g, finely chopped
Leaf coriander 100g, finely chopped
Mint 100g, finely chopped
Radish 100g, finely chopped
Cucumber 100g, finely chopped
Spring onions 50g, finely chopped
Lemon 1, juice
Extra virgin olive oil 20g
For the date jam
Greek yogurt 200g
Harissa paste 20g
Sumac 1 tsp
Flatbreads 2, halved and lightly toasted
Pickled red onion 80g
Toasted sesame seeds 20g
- For the lamb kofte: mix the mince, spices, seasoning and yogurt in a bowl using your hands.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the kofte mix until cooked through. Allow to cool and then chop into a rough crumb.
- For the herb salad: combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the kofte to the herb salad and mix.
- For the date jam: put the dates and water in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- To assemble: place a dollop of yogurt on one side of a shallow bowl and use the back of a spoon to spread the yogurt up one side of the bowl. Place small dots of harissa along the yogurt, sprinkle with sumac and drizzle with olive oil.
- On the other side of the bowl, place the toasted flatbread half. Spread a generous helping of the date jam on the flatbread and then add a serving of the kofte. Top with pickled red onion and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.