You will need
Double cream 400ml
Caster sugar 400g
Leaf gelatine 6g
Fresh strawberries 200g, pureed
Clotted cream 300g
- Over a low heat, warm the cream, milk and sugar.
- Soak the gelatine separately for at least four minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the gelatine in the pan with the cream mixture and allow to dissolve completely. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Add the pureed strawberries (save a little for decoration) and remove from the heat, then slowly stir in the clotted cream, ½ at a time.
- Pour into ¼ pint moulds and leave to set in the fridge for two hours.
- Take out of the fridge and serve garnished with fresh strawberries and broken meringue.
Chef’s tip: ‘Stand the pannacottas in hot water for a few seconds to help them pop out of the moulds,’ says Mike
Chris Cleghorn, head chef at Olive Tree Restaurant at the Queensberry Hotel in Bath, shares his recipe for strawberry pannacotta with yogurt, baked white chocolate and basil