Jamie from Yeo Valley shows us how to make these stylish potted cheesecakes, fantastic for an impromptu picnic
You will need
- 0% fat natural yoghurt 500g
- Double cream 227ml
- Icing sugar 2 heaped tbsp
- Vanilla essence 2 drops
- Digestive biscuits 140g, crushed
- Yeo Valley rhubarb and strawberry compote 450g
- Add a pinch of salt to the yoghurt and stir. Line a sieve with a cotton tea towel, put it over a jug and pour the yoghurt onto the towel. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 24 hours.
- Crush the biscuits and divide into the bottom of 8 7oz jam jars. Press down firmly.
- Take the yoghurt from the fridge and remove the cheese from the towel. Put the cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla essence into an electric mixer and whisk until the cream starts to form a soft whip. Do not over whisk.
- Pipe the mixture into jars and smooth with the back of a spoon. Leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then top the mini cheesecakes with fruit compote.