Serves 6 as a starter
You will need
Thai green curry paste 2 tbsp
Demerara sugar 3 tbsp
Sesame oil 1 tbsp
Fish sauce 1 tbsp
Garlic 3 cloves, diced
Ginger 10g, diced
Cod or firm white fish 500g
Egg 1, beaten
- Combine the curry paste, sugar, oil, salt and fish sauce in a blender.
- Add the garlic and ginger and pulse to combine. Add the fish and egg and pulse again leaving small chunks of fish throughout.
- Mould into 18 fish cakes and refrigerate for an hour to firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4.
- Heat a little oil in an oven proof pan and fry the fish cakes on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden. Finish in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Chef’s tip: ‘At The Galley, we serve these fish cakes with lime aioli, lemongrass dressing, mango and chilli and coriander salsa,‘ says Dolton