You will need
Soft brown sugar 450g
Dark chocolate (72%) 300g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Plain white flour 180g
Vanilla pod 1
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and then incorporate the sugar and leave to one side.
- Put a small pan of water on to simmer. In a bowl that sits on top of the pan but does not touch the water, add the butter and chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Fold the melted chocolate and butter mix into the egg and sugar and mix well.
- Stir the baking powder into the flour and fold this into the chocolate mixture (making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl).
- De-seed the vanilla pod by cutting it in half lengthways and scraping out with the back of a small knife, then add to the mix.
- Grease and line a baking tray, leaving excess paper at the top to allow the brownie to rise.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c / gas 4 for 20 minutes. Check it’s cooked by pushing a skewer into the middle, it should come out clean. Leave to one side to cool.
- Serve with a scoop of pistachio ice cream and fresh raspberries.
Chef’s tip: ‘For added flavour and texture incorporate 100g of white chocolate pieces and 100g of chopped walnuts,’ says Max