‘Blondies are like a white chocolate version of brownies. Add additional ingredients such as pecans, dried blueberries or cranberries, or mint leaf for an extra cool feel,’ says Gareth Couch of Swinky’s Sweets.
You will need
- Butter 200g
- White chocolate 150g, use drops or a bar chopped into small chunks
- Light muscovado sugar 300g
- Eggs 3
- Plain flour 200g
- Salt 1/3 tsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Additional elements such as pecans, dried blueberries or cranberries 125g
- Heat the oven to 160°c/gas 3. Butter and line a tin that’s about 2½cm deep and 30 x 20cm long.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the solids turn golden. Cool for 5 minutes, then add half the white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Beat the muscovado sugar and eggs together until thick and pale. Add the flour, salt and vanilla, and the cooled chocolate and butter, then fold until even.
- Pour the mix into the tin and scatter with the remaining chocolate and dried fruit or nuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the sides are golden and centre is set.
20 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JA.