- Bring the milk to room temperature before mixing with the rest of the bun ingredients to form a strong, stretchy dough. Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove for an hour.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured worktop and roll out to a rectangle (around 35cm x 25cm).
- Beat the filling ingredients together and spread over the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 190°c / gas 5 and line a muffin tin with baking parchment. Roll the dough tightly into a 35cm long cylinder and cut into 8 pieces. Place the buns in the lined tin and leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake the buns in the oven for 20-25 minutes until dark golden and remove from the tin to a cooling rack.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and toss each bun in the mix until coated.
Read our Tried & Tested review of Da Bara’s buns here.