You will need
FOR THE PASTA:
00 flour 200g
Semolina flour for dusting
Alternatively, use shop-bought tagliatelle
FOR THE SAUCE:
Oil for frying
Smoked pancetta lardons 150g
Chestnut mushrooms 250g, cut into quarters
Chicken or vegetable stock 200ml
Double cream 150ml
White truffle oil to serve
Parsley 1 tbsp, chopped to serve
- For the pasta: put 180g of the 00 flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Break the eggs into the well and slowly incorporate the flour to create a dough. If it’s still sticky, add a little more flour.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, then wrap in clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough through a pasta machine, going down through the numbers to create thin sheets. Cut each sheet into tagliatelle-sized strips and dust with semolina flour to prevent it sticking. Lay out on a tray and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- For the sauce: heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the lardons and cook until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes. Turn up the heat and add the madeira, then cook briskly until it’s nearly evaporated before adding the stock. Reduce by half then add the cream. Reduce to a very low heat to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes (depending on preference). Drain and add to the sauce. Cook briefly to drive off excess water. The sauce needs to provide a nice sticky coating on the pasta.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of white truffle oil and a parsley garnish.