- Mix the yeast and sugar together until combined. Stir in the warm milk.
- Sieve together the flours and salt. Stir into the yeast mixture and then rub in the butter.
- Add sufficient liquid to make a workable dough. Knead well, then set aside and allow to prove until it has doubled in size.
- Knead again, then form your dough into rolls or buns and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Leave to prove in a warm place until the buns have doubled in size.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 175°c / gas 3 for 20 minutes.
Try the Cornish split’s neighbour, the Devon cutround, here.