- Leeks 800g
- Thyme 2 sprigs
- Garlic 4 cloves, peeled and sliced
For the mustard dressing:
- Banana shallot 1, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, peeled and finely chopped
- English mustard 2 tsp
- White wine vinegar 4 tsp
- Sunflower oil 300ml
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 185°c / gas 6.
- Trim the leeks of all hard outer leaves, wash thoroughly and cut into shorter lengths.
- For the dressing: put the shallot, garlic, mustard and wine vinegar into a bowl and whisk together for 1 minute. Slowly add the oil, whisking as you do, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mustard dressing into a roasting tray and bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat. Add the thyme and garlic, then the leeks. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until tender and lightly caramelised.
- Transfer the leeks to a warmed serving dish, spoon on some of the dressing and finish with a sprinkling of chopped chives. Serve hot or cold.
Find more of Nathan’s domestic dishes in Nathan Outlaw’s Home Kitchen.