You will need
For the brownie:
Dark chocolate 275g
Butter 225g, diced
Plain flour 220g
Clotted cream fudge 100g, diced into cubes
For the salted caramel:
Unsalted butter 50g
Double cream 200g
Sea salt a pinch
- For the brownie: preheat the oven to 150°c / gas 2, line and grease a 20x20cm baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a bain maire.
- Mix the sugar and eggs together, just enough to partly dissolve the sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter and mix well until fully combined, then fold in the flour.
- Pour into the greased tin and drop the fudge pieces evenly into the mix, pressing down gently so you can still see the top of the fudge. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the salted caramel: melt the sugar in a heavy based pan over a low heat until it starts to caramelise.
- Allow the sugar to turn a deep dark brown (you will smell a slight burnt fragrance), take off the heat and whisk in the butter gradually.
- Whisk in the double cream slowly, bring the mix to the boil and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the sea salt and pour into a bowl to cool.
- Turn the brownie out onto a chopping board and portion. Serve the salted caramel alongside, with a generous helping of clotted cream.