- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas 6.
- Check the crabmeat to make sure there are no bits of shell, then cover and refrigerate.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and soak in the coconut milk for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot, peppers, garlic, chilli and tomato and cook for 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Stir in the soaked bread and desiccated coconut and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crabmeat, mustard, lime juice and coriander and season with salt and pepper. If it’s too dry, add a little more coconut milk. Spoon into 4 lightly oiled ramekins or clean scallop shells.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan and sprinkle over the crab mixture. Cut the butter into very thin slices and place over the breadcrumbs. Bake for 10–12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Serve hot with wedges of lime. Once the prawns have cooked, spoon the risotto into bowls and top with the seared scallops.
Find more fabulous recipes in Carnival! by David Ponte, Lizzy Barber and Jamie Barber (Quadrille £10).