- For the celeriac burgers: mix together the miso and oil and smother over the peeled celeriac, saving a couple of tablespoons of the marinade for later. Wrap the celeriac in tin foil and allow to sit for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up the charcoal grill until it reaches 180°c . Roast the celeriac in the tin foil over an indirect heat for about 1½ hours until it has softened throughout.
- For the slaw: whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, five spice and miso. Toss through the sliced cabbage.
- When the celeriac has cooked, increase the heat of the barbecue to a searing temperature and set it up for direct cooking. Slice the celeriac into thick steaks and glaze with the remaining marinade. Grill on each side until crispy all over.
- To serve: lightly grill the brioche buns and assemble the burgers with the chilli, rocket and your favourite condiments.
Pair these next-level celeriac burgers with Ben’s Smoked Orange Dirty Cider cocktail.